WHAT IS V-DAY SACRAMENTO?
V-Day Sacramento is a locally-organized grassroots movement that increases awareness and raises funds to END VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN in Sacramento. Annual projects include a benefit performance of “The Vagina Monologues” and a “One Night Stand” fundraiser. 100% of funds raised go towards our commitment to ending violence against women. 90% stays right here in Sacramento to benefit community-based nonprofits that provide critical resources and services to survivors of violence… The remaining 10% are donated to V-Day’s global spotlight; which is focused on ending violence against women in the workplace.
While the premise of V-Day Sacramento is to support community organizations and effect change locally, it is also an inclusive movement, open to ANYBODY who is committed to breaking the cycle of violence against women. V-Day Sacramento provides a safe space to share, be heard, and connect with a diverse community of like-minded activists. We are an ever-growing, constantly evolving, family of Vagina Warriors. Former cast and crew describe their experience with V-Day Sacramento as one of growth and empowerment. In the words of one former cast member, “It has been really amazing to be part of the Vagina Monologues cast. I love it so much and I have grown many times over by being a part of this wonderful group of women who believe in stopping violence towards other women.”
This Year SWOP Sacramento will be one of the beneficiaries. So, please come out and support this amazing event.